Chhote Sa’ab enters our life
A Curious Army Wife and Major Sa’ab are now parents to Chhote Sa’ab. This hurricane hit us just before monsoon hit our city.
- We are sleep deprived.
- We talk about poop, pee and pukes.
- Chhote Sa’ab is what Major Sa’ab’s buddy calls this little boy. He thinks the boy looks like his Sa’ab (hadd ho gayi sir ki ji hazoori karne ki bhi… except that in this case he is right).
- We now keep track of other officers’ kids’ illnesses. (And calculate how long before it’s safe for Chhote Sa’ab to meet them again).
- Our CSD list each month now reads — Diapers, Dettol and Badam oil.
- Nobody asks us our haal-chaal. But our Chhote Sa’ab gets asked everything (and he can’t even speak).
- Chhote Sa’ab’s first word was “AWWA”. I am worried. So is Major Sa’ab.
- The boy already has a different set of clothes under the category “Ye Mess Party ke kapade“.
- I am always on high alert when young officers play with him at parties, lest they slip him a bit of beer or whisky. Why am I paranoid about this, you ask? Because when Major Sa’ab was a young officer, he did that to almost all officers’ kids. And Karma is a ….
- I would have loved to write a longer post in a much better way (instead of this minor SD format) but mere pass WAQTTTT nahin hai.
I’ll get back soon. Chhote Sa’ab seems to be chewing something that should not be chewed on by humans. Tata…